1.2
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

From the start to finish we had the worst experience with this company.

Collected at London City Airport as their service provides a shuttle service to their offices.

Company credit card didn't work, therefore I had to pay for the parking out of London City Airport, otherwise it would have been another 20 minutes before we go to their office.

On arrival, we were told we would have to put down a £1200 deposit, if we don't take out full comp insurance. This was no where to be seen in the fine print of the document I received with our booking, prior to arrival.

I have never experienced this amount before. Maximum £500. We asked to add an additional driver, were told it was £10 a day amounting to £40 for 4 days. At the end were asked for £80, we rejected.

On inspecting the car, when asked if we were to find a tiny scratch on the alloys of the tire, due to driving in the countryside on dual carriage roads, would this count as damage to the car. We asked as they seemed to point out the conditions of the tire. They said a minute scratch could cost up to £500 or more from our deposit. It is a way to entice you to pay for full comp insurance, which we did. As at this point 2hours after we were supposed to get the car (due to delays from staff and everything taking too long)

The car we actually had booked was unavailable and found out when staff came in and tried to subtly whisper this to their colleagues

Normally and on the fine print of our document it said the car needed to be returned full to full tank of gas. Our car had 1 red bar of petrol left meaning we were practically out of gas and had to find somewhere to fill it up and also try and bring it up with less gas.

Upon arrival back at green motion, our car was found in good condition and we were told that we would get the deposit back within a couple of days. The deposit hadn't been given back in a couple days. I called Greenmotion and was told 15 days. This left me quite frustrated, I stated I was pissed off and that I felt the communication was a bit *** Fair, I should have not used the word *** but I was frustrated. I was accused of using foul language and they terminated the conversation. I do hope my conversation is recorded as apart from the *** comment, I purely stated that I was feeling pissed off.

Anyway it was a terrible service and I do not recommend anyone go with them, it sounds cheap but you get stung.

Europar or Hertz may seem more expensive, but I never had to worry about extra hidden costs, or that a tiny scratch on a tyre might cost me a fortune.

Product or Service Mentioned: Green Motion Car Rental.

Preferred solution: I am still waiting for my deposit to be cleared! .

I didn't like: Very poor customer service, Terrible line of communication between staff, Told different things but different members of staff, Owed three quid for the parking i paid for the airport shuttle, Empty tank at pick up.

Comments