Green Motion - We had to buy a new clutch and pay for a hire car while it was done

15 of 376 Green Motion reviews

We experienced mechanical problem from the outset as the clutch was clunky as we drove it away.Clutch subsequently failed and the awful thing was I had my 83 year old mother with me.

Green Motion didn't know what to do and behaved as though it was my fault -- they told me that I couldn't prove it wasn't me who damaged the car and therefore I had to pay. The Heathrow office was very unhelpful and refused to provide replacement car or to assist, so left me stranded in Wales. Forced to hire replacement car from National at my own cost. Clutch replaced by VW dealer in Wales but Green Motion refused to pay.

Ended up paying myself to avoid late return/collection costs. Complaint letter to Head Office remains unanswered. Save your money and hire from someone reputable. I've been hiring for 25 years and never had a problem like this before.

The VW dealership said that the clutch was so bad it couldn't have been my fault given the short amount of time I had had it before it failed.

Pictures attached.Clutch was so bad it disintegrated -- Green Motion blamed it on my 300 miles of motorway driving.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
15 of 376 Green Motion reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.