In December 2017 I crossed the Mersey Gateway bridge twice in a Green Motion hire car. The toll signs were either non-existent or so lacking that I was unaware that it was tolled.

It now appears that the council breached regulations in this regard and are currently the subject of litigation. However, the council forwarded two infringement notices to Green Motion who then proceeded to forward these to an incorrect email address. They then charged me £170 admin fees for fowarding these notices and debited my Credit card account. I complained to Green Motion and to some useless, vehicle hire industry, bought and paid for concilliation service but received the same nonsensical BS about having to finance an admin department to deal with infringements.

So - buyer beware, Green Motion are rip-off artists.

Their business model is to make money out of screwing customers after the hire. If you are foolish enough to use them because of their relatively low hire rates, I suggest you cancel your credit card at the first available opportunity to prevent these blood sucking parasites from screwing you over.

Comments