Green Motion - The cheap turns out VERY expensive

I booked throught the Ryanair site to Stansted airport.

For start, it toked me about 1:30h to get the car... it seams exaggeration... but is not and I will explain.

First the transfer bus is on a 30 minutes interval when the competition (Europcar/Avis/...) is on 10

minutes interval, then after arriving to the hotel (Green Motion's "Office"), we have waited by someone

from the company at the "office" door, the "Office" door was closed without anyone to receive us. I call

it "Office" with quotation marks, because the office looks like an Hotel's room converted to an office

(this office is inside an hotel).

Then, when the employee appeared, asked us to wait for him at the Hotel's reception, because he had a

client to attend before us (the client was already there before us, I'm just complain about the

After a while, it came a new employee, that filled our forms and asked again to wait on the reception

for the car. Five minutes later, she comes with a gray Peugeot 308, the car was full of scratches and

other damages, but because of the already long wait time, I decide to not complain, then she told me

that the tank was NOT FULL, and I should return the car with the same amount of Fuel... what a

scientific method... this is getting difficult... but because of the already long wait time, I decide to not

complain, then she gave me the key/remote command of the car completely cover with an electrical

tape (I could not see any button from remote), and told me to use the key instead of the command

because "sometimes the remote does not work" (end of citation)... At this time I start to laugh, and

thinking that was just a bad joke, but she insisted to me, that she did not have another key, or neither an

equivalent car (I rent a Golf or similar... 308 is not similar, but no problem). I insisted, and 20 minutes

later she gave me an Hyundai i30, she gave me the new papers without perform with me the outside

car's inspection.

When returning the car, they spot a new damage of 1,5cm in the front of the car (image in attach) by

what they are charging me 110GBP, they manage to send me this value before I touch down in Lisbon

(they are very fast in some matters... but not in all the service).

Their operating model is based on, they charge a little bit less than the competition on hiring a car,  but then they charge much more on the "Damage" costs.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

• I am disappointed

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Refund the "damage" cost.
Monetary loss:
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.