I booked throught the Ryanair site to Stansted airport.
For start, it toked me about 1:30h to get the car... it seams exaggeration... but is not and I will explain.
First the transfer bus is on a 30 minutes interval when the competition (Europcar/Avis/...) is on 10
minutes interval, then after arriving to the hotel (Green Motion's "Office"), we have waited by someone
from the company at the "office" door, the "Office" door was closed without anyone to receive us. I call
it "Office" with quotation marks, because the office looks like an Hotel's room converted to an office
(this office is inside an hotel).
Then, when the employee appeared, asked us to wait for him at the Hotel's reception, because he had a
client to attend before us (the client was already there before us, I'm just complain about the
After a while, it came a new employee, that filled our forms and asked again to wait on the reception
for the car. Five minutes later, she comes with a gray Peugeot 308, the car was full of scratches and
other damages, but because of the already long wait time, I decide to not complain, then she told me
that the tank was NOT FULL, and I should return the car with the same amount of Fuel... what a
scientific method... this is getting difficult... but because of the already long wait time, I decide to not
complain, then she gave me the key/remote command of the car completely cover with an electrical
tape (I could not see any button from remote), and told me to use the key instead of the command
because "sometimes the remote does not work" (end of citation)... At this time I start to laugh, and
thinking that was just a bad joke, but she insisted to me, that she did not have another key, or neither an
equivalent car (I rent a Golf or similar... 308 is not similar, but no problem). I insisted, and 20 minutes
later she gave me an Hyundai i30, she gave me the new papers without perform with me the outside
When returning the car, they spot a new damage of 1,5cm in the front of the car (image in attach) by
what they are charging me 110GBP, they manage to send me this value before I touch down in Lisbon
(they are very fast in some matters... but not in all the service).
Their operating model is based on, they charge a little bit less than the competition on hiring a car, but then they charge much more on the "Damage" costs.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Gps ok
What I disliked
- False damage report
- Unscrupulous dodgy dealings
- Unprofessional staff
- Additional driver scam
- I am disappointed
You May Also Like
- " I write to get your advice on a car rental and subsequent deduction of charges which are on dispute On the 20th Of January we hired a vehicle from..."
- "I would like to raise a complaint regarding a damage claim from the Greenmotion company that didn't occur while we got the car and also due to the rude treatment..."
- "My wife is a flight attendant of a major US Airline, so we travel to France and other countries often on vacation. When we return a rental car, in..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "Bonjour les amis (es), Moi j'ai acheté une montre téléphone intelligente avec la fente pour puce. Elle est impeccable ! Elle fonctionne parfaitement. C'est vrais que le délais de livraison..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "Worst online experience that I had with an online buy. On June 06, 2015, received an e-mail saying that my purchase was shipped to me. (Photo 01) On June 22, 2015, informed..."