Regus Building, 3000 Aviator Way, Wythenshawe, Manchester M22 5TG, UK
1.5
Additional Fees
Additional Services

I rented a car from Green Motion Manchester on 28th Feb.When I went to pick up the car it was covered in Snow and Ice.

The attendant apologised that they had been unable to clean the car because of the weather. They gave me a form noting that the car had scratches on one side and damage to a wheel. When I returned the car they found a small scratch on the lower rear of the car (this area was covered in Snow when I took the car) When I protested that I had not caused any damage they then said that they would let me off with the wheel damage (which was previously noted) but, I Had to pay GBP 300 for the scratch to the rear. After a few words, they came back and said that they had checked the previous 5 rentals and the scratch was not there.

But, they had not checked nor cleaned the car when I took it.

When I argued this the manager asked me, why I did not clear all the snow off it to check!

I was also charged for a full tank of Petrol when the tank only contained 2/3 of a tank.

I accept that I could have returned and told them about that, but, after a 4 hr flight delay, I could not be bothered.I am just mentioning that as another of the shady practices this company employ.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Car itself was good.

Comments

After 4 weeks I finally got a response from Green Motion to say that they always charge for "fresh" damage as they may have to pay the company they lease from. No mention of the fact that the car was covered in snow and Ice when I took it and that it was impossible to say whether or not the damage was "fresh"