Edinburgh, Scotland

I rented a car from Green Motion Edinburgh Airport in May. It had a 1.5mm stretch on the windshield and they changed me for GBP 96.00 for the "damage". In fact, they did not show me any clauses (and there were nothing at the back of the contract) during the course of the rental until when I returned my car. They just (all in a sudden) jumped and showed me a sheet of the "damage charge". The stretch was 1.5mm and basically unseen where even when we rented the car it was difficult to spot.

Related: Green Motion- Glasgow Airport

I understand if the stretch is big enough to impair other drivers, I would need to take the responsibility. However, with a stretch of 1.5mm, and that I was not informed about such charged, I felt like it was a scam.

2.0
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Green Motion Car Rental
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Felt like scam on the spot / $96
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Green Motion?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

Green Motion - We had to buy a new clutch and pay for a hire car while it was done Green Motion "We experienced mechanical problem from the outset as the clutch was clunky as we drove it away. Clutch subsequently failed and the awful thing was I had my 83 year..." Read more Green Motion - UNACCEPTABLE- RIP OFF Green Motion "Unacceptable - rip off I hired a Mercedes car from the East Midlands airport branch based in the Hilton Hotel Foyer. It was getting dark when I collected the car..." Read more Green Motion - Never Rent a Car from Greenmotion Green Motion "Two scratches on the car cost 621 euro to repair (see attached pictures). Which is an outrageous amount of money in Poland where I rented the car. I am pretty..." Read more Green Motion - This company is a total scam - I overheard them! Green Motion "This company is a total scam. The car I got was OK, but that ended up costing me over £200 for a scratch that already existed. Here's how they do..." Read more IMHO - I Can See Why Sears Won't Be Around Much Longer Sears "Went to purchase the Amazon Tap Alexa at Sear's.com. After adding the product to the "Cart", a different product was reflected thereat : Naxa NX 319 Portable CD Player with..." Read more Regency Furniture - Damage furniture that they dont take the blame Regency Furniture "I waited 1month for all my furniture which i bought dining set, sofa or living room chair with ottoman, bedframe and side table. The driver was so nice and looks..." Read more Dhgate - Seller Zoom174 - Order NO:335643019 - I never received my package :( it is more than 90 days and now I can not raise a dispute) Dhgate - Seller Zoom174 "Order NO:335643019 - I never received my package!! Now, it is more than 90 days and now I can not raise a dispute) and I tried to contact the seller..." Read more Rhinoshield cases are defective junk Rhinoshield "Not only are the cases defective junk when they don't arrive broken they don't work effectively and are made like complete junk. The bumper cases are loose and flimsy and..." Read more