1.1
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Scam - just read the hundred identical reviews.

Picked up dirty in rain and dark. Returned and employee walked straight over to a 1mm by 0.5mm windscreen “mark” and charged me 96 pounds.

On the damage form it is 1mm for a mark.

Aggressive when I pointed out that he found it immediately. Others charged much more

Product or Service Mentioned: Green Motion Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

AnimatedLionfish

Here is my story. NEVER NEVER HIRE with this mob of racketeers.

READ THE REVIEWS. I hired from Heathrow airport, needed to take a 5 pound shuttle to their office at The Holiday Inn that took forever. I arrived 30 min late because my plane was delayed, I was told first i would have a late charge levied, i reluctantly agreed to this, then was told my car had gone because i was late (this was between 9.30pm & 10pm when they close!) so i now had to pay for an upgrade which was more than the total i had paid for my car originally. If not they would treat it as a cancellation & i would lose all my money.

I reluctantly agreed as it was now after 11pm & they said they would just go home & i would be stranded (55 year old woman at night in dark streets) I took photos of the dash board for petrol level purposes but next day found they had put my milage at 702 miles less on the paper work so if i hadn't noticed i would have been charged for each mile.There were also lots of deep scratches, dents & marks all over the car & wheels that i photographed & sent in to them. The worst conditioned car i have ever hired. Later that week i wanted to deliver the car to another destination to be told they are franchises & i couldn't do that except to Gatwick so i had to change my flight, their terms & conditions state 18.60 euros for drop off a another destination but they charged me 60pounds. I reluctantly agreed.

Then at drop off after i had taken photos again, my expert damage investigator found an invisible dent below the door handle & charged me 390pounds from my deposit. I was furious, but he said i could charge it to my insurance. I wanted to see it again & the car was being washed & my expert damage investigator got a special mirror with lines on it to try to show me the damage, i still couldn't see it but he maintained it was there, the paint fleck he said was damaged paint actually disappeared with a thumb nail scrape so was not paint damage, but a stuck dirt particle. I even asked another employee if he could see it, he said no but Mattie is the expert.

I had to catch a plane & i feel that i was a soft target as i was a lone female living in Australia & catching a plane very soon. I have sent in a complaint asking for their photos of the damage, they have sent them to me but I still con't see anything & i'm now waiting for them to show me where the damage is.

We have complained to our credit card company who can put a stop on the payment if you are quick enough to cancel your card & we have read the newspaper articles from the Guardian & The Sun who seem to be on their case & shining the spotlight on them with some success. They need to be stopped & the rental search engines need to be at the forefront of this as Green Motion appear in all the first searches for car rentals in UK.

TimelyGazelle
#1520260

I got scammed as well, how do these people that work for Green motion sleep at night when they know they are stealing from you. The more reviews we post on all plat forms to inform people to keep away from this company, and one day they will be shut down.