Povey Cross Road, Crawley, RH6 0AE
1.3
Additional Fees

I have rented a car from GreenMotion Gatwick for 5 days. At the car collection the agent tried to sell me extra insurance in very unethical way: he presented it as a compulsory step in the rent, not an option!!

After me insisting I didn't want any extra insurance, he had to accept. Before collecting the vehicle I tried to carefully inspect it for damage, but the weather conditions were terrible with rain and very dim light. I found nothing noticeable. During the rental period the car was basically parked in a private garage, overall I drove less than 80 miles with it.

No accident whatsoever happened. It was to my surprise that when I return the vehicle the agent spots a new dent on the left front part of the car! It was almost imperceptible, absolutely no damage in the paint or irregular shape, for me it was only the shape of the car. Only comparing with the other side and using a special tool it could be spotted!

Although I denied responsibility for this dent -- and have serious doubts it wasn't already there before I collected the car--, an absurd amount of 584EUR was debited in my card. No bill, no explanation. I had to insist for a bill, which Greenmotion sent more than 1 month after the events took place. After 6 months and several emails, I am still waiting for the "so-called" matrix cost, which defines the price for repairs.

At market prices, this kind of damage costs less than 200 pounds! After being ignored by Greenmotion for several months I was advised to write to another of their departments. Their reply is that my complaint is out of date, I should have contacted them within 30 days of the car delivery.

Is this a joke?!? (My first complaint reached them 2 days after the events took place).

ps: Try to spot the dent on those pictures...

Product or Service Mentioned: Green Motion Car Rental.

I didn't like: Customer and being ripped off.

Comments