Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I originally booked my reservation for a Volkswagon golf or similar. I was hustled into an 'upgrade' for an extra 180 pounds upon arrival, which I thought was fine since I would be receiving a better vehicle. What I received instead was a vehicle with a huge dent in the rear passenger door, which was obviously unsafe and should not have been an option for rent. After doing a walk around of the first car, I declined due to the fact that my one year old baby girl would be sitting in the seat that door is meant to protect. The response I received from this request was one of disdain, and not in any way apologetic or accommodating. Nevertheless, the staff member said they would check the system for a car without damage.

Now, I had already been waiting over an hour at this point. My wife and baby were waiting in the front of the hotel. It was cold, and raining. I assumed after the first car was brought with damage the second one would be better, which it was, but only slightly. The second car was also badly damaged but since the dent was smaller and not on the rear door I didn't fear for my child's safety. Ordinarily, I would have refused this car too for it's damage but my child and wife were very tired, very cold and we needed to get moving. As such, I did a very quick walk around of the car with the staff member in the rain. It was clear we both wanted to get out of there and since there were very obvious dents/scratches, I didn't take a microscope to the car to look for every single little scratch present (of which there were many). I was not instructed to take photos and was assured smaller dings and scratches weren't an issue.

While the car was under my care it spent the majority of it's time in a private driveway in a small welsh town. I was the only driver and I did not have any accidents, see or hear any rocks hit the vehicle or have any reason at all to anticipate damage. Yet, when I returned the vehicle the staff member, who was different from the first, examined the car very closely and immediately blamed me for a tiny scratch on the front of the vehicle that was barely visible and could have easily happened prior to my renting the car.

I refused to take responsibility for the damage but couldn't do much other than complain to the very rude desk staff as I had a long haul flight to make with my wife and child. By the time I arrived home, they had charged my credit card 260 pounds. It's worth noting that the scratch could have been covered with a $5 navy pen or at most a $10 scratch remover pen.

I wish I had read these reviews before I rented with Green Motion. They are in the business of stealing customer money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Green Motion Car Rental.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Entire experience start to finish.

Comments