2.5
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Let the Buyer, or in this case the Renter beware. They claim they are a relatively cheap car rental company.

Hah! First of all, my car which was supposed to be $69 for four day rental turned out to be $116.50 because they basically make you buy their insurance unless you want to use your own, which I did, but they wanted a $500 deposit if you use your own. So I purchased theirs. The cheapest one was $19.99 a day.

So, since I went with the cheapest insurance I had to leave a $150 deposit. Then they ask if I want to purchase a sun pass for $20. I said no I'll pay the tolls. Meanwhile, if you just want to google it, if you run the entire florida turnpike it is like $23.

So, not be familiar with the Florida toll system I did miss a toll. I made sure I paid the other ones, and I went to Maitland. Didn't go anywhere when I was there because I had 3 days of classes that were 10+ hours a day. Drove back to Green Motion to get a shuttle, which is another pleasantry.

Thank god we left early enough or we would have had to fight people to get the shuttle. Now I got a notice for a certified letter. I called them they claim I went through 12 tolls and didn't pay for any of them. So, I am being charged $50 a toll.

That's $300. The entire turnpike is $23!! I said I will contact the florida turnpike commission and take care of it. The woman on the phone rudely said no Ma'am we paid all your tolls.

You owe us $300, but you can look at the paperwork we sent you and see if you were at any of these places. Needless to say it got heated, and I said many many words that I'm not proud of but would never take back. This company is a total and complete rip off and they make their money on their side scams. HORRIBLE!!!!

I did tell them I was contacting my attorney because I would rather pay him, .than them. Oh yeah and on the back of a poorly copied blacked out paper it does say somewhere that I would be charged $50 per violation. If I could have seen the amount that would have been great.

Plus, I paid my tolls, except the one I missed. RIP OFF, SCAM.

Product or Service Mentioned: Green Motion Subaru Car Rental.

Reason of review: Side Scams.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Front office was friendly.

I didn't like: Underhand ways of retaining pre-authoriation, Additional fees scam, Rip off approach, Misleading sales approach by staff.

Comments