Dublin, Dublin

We hired a car in July 2015 and upon returning the car on a Saturday evening the customer service agent went straight to the passenger side front wheel and pointed to a small black scuff on the alloy wheel and accused us of damaging the wheel.

Related: Review about Green Motion Car Rental from Aghagallon, Aghagallon

After a stand off for nearly 30 mins we refused to sign to say we had damaged the wheel we left for the airport.

On returning to Dublin I checked my credit card account and I was shocked to see that they had charged us over €700. For the alleged damage to the alloy wheel.

We were threatened intimated and bullied by the customer service agent when we returned the car.

I would advise anyone thinking of using this company for car hire to stay well clear they are not very nice people.

Review about: Green Motion Car Rental.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Green Motion Car Rental
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Green Motion?

Comments

#1119627

Thank you for writing this!Unfortunately, I didn't read it before hiring a car from this company in the UK.

The exact same thing happened to us.

Upon returning the car, the man inspecting the car went straight to check the tyre rims and found scratches on the driver's side rim. We hadn't even considered the rims and are puzzled as to how the scratches could have occurred as we didn't hit anything while driving the car. On the other hand, the rims were needlessly fancy and upon afterthought it is clear to me that they have chosen these kinds of rims on purpose as a regular tyre rim would not be affected as easily.

The company charged us over 200 pounds for these minor scratches, which, needless to say, is more than an entire new rim costs.You would be well advised to steer clear off this car rental company or at least photograph and check the entire car before renting it (especially the tyres and rims).