Povey Cross Road, Crawley, RH6 0AE
1.7
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

i rented a car from Green Motion for 2 weeks from their Gatwick location. As usual from a cheap rental company the upselling began as soon as i got in the door, trying to get me to upgrade to a bigger car, plus trying to sell me every insurance possible, "its only £25 a day sir" really, can you do maths? over 14 days that's £350!!

anyway when i got the car, the guy said I have marked down a couple of bits of damage for you that are already here, I look over the car and it has scratches and fine lines all over it, he marks down some more, and said some of the rest were just normal wear and tear that they dont worry about.

I drove the car, parked in a private drive every day, and never had any issues. When i returned it, the guy didn't sit in and check the fuel or the miles, he went straight to one side and started rubbing it with a wet cloth for about 10 minutes, then declared that there were some large scratches, I had to look extremely closely to see anything, and he pointed out 2 minute hairline scratches which he said were new.

He told me i would have to pay for them, and said he would go and check the last 5 times the car was rented to see if they showed up on the reports, yeah right of course he did......, he came back and said they were new and they would be charged. I said i didnt agree and signed the form saying that, he said a customer service agent would be in touch to discuss it.

The next morning i got an email saying they would charge £575 per scratch!! plus service charge, totalling £1186!! Holy ***

funny how the excess on their Damage Waiver is £1205, what a strange coincidence.

If anyone has any direct contacts that they have had sucess with at GreenMotion I would be grateful, as this is a total 100% scam.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!! RENT WITH AVIS/BUDGET/NATIONAL/HERTZ

Reason of review: massive overcharging on damages.

Green Motion Pros: Car.

Green Motion Cons: Return car process, Overcharged massively for damage.

Comments

WorrisomeFox

It would be interesting for me to know if you hired the same vehicle I did and they charged you for the very same scratches. I had the exact same experience, also with the Horley branch, with a car I returned on 17th March.

They said the exact same thing, showed me area of light scratches on the bonnet (which mysteriously grew into scratches on other areas of the car they never told me about when I returned the vehicle), and to the tune of the £1,205 pounds they reserved on my card against damages. Why is this place still in business?