State: Lazio Product: Green Motion Customer Care Clear all filters (0 of 52 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Green Motion customer service fail: Rome Airport

Completed an online booking (via Kayak and Argus Car Hire) for a two-week car hire in Italy, pickup & dropoff time for 20:00. Only upon booking does the name Green Motion enter into the equation. The car broker website (Argus) defaults to noon pickup and dropoff times, so I was careful to change these. When the confirmation arrived, the default noon times were listed. "No big deal" I thought, plus I've also added my incoming flight info onto the booking as requested, which clearly states the arrival time as 19:55. Upon arrival moments before 20:00, I phoned the local office for a pickup, and the woman (Sylvie, or so she says) couldn't have been more rude and condescending right from the first moment. She was absolutely atrocious, surly and deliberately took an hour to process the rental. She was outraged that we didn't show up at noon as 'promised' (huh?) and added a bogus 'late' charge as she claims the office closed at 20:00, totalling 61 Euro (50 fee + 22% tax), which actually exceeded the cost of the original hire. When asked of she had read the details of my incoming flight, she stated "but of course", but made no attempt to explain her supposed surprise at our arrival time. The vehicle itself (2016 Citroën C$ Cactus) was new and clean, and apart from a burned out reverse light and a complete lack of windshield washer fluid, was excellent. I will be seeking full reimbursement of the 'late charge' and include a warning when dealing with Green Motion in Rome: be exceptionally vigilant for any discrepancies between requested and confirmed pickup times, and if coming from overseas, ensure your phone has the ability to call the local office for shuttle pickup upon arrival in Rome. Oh, and if you run into the delightful Sylvie, give her my best.
2.2
Additional Fees
Fiumicino, Lazio
Product
Green Motion Customer Care
I liked
  • Vehicle itself and the fair rental price
I didn't like
  • Having to incur intl roaming fees to call for airport pickup
  • Extra fee scam
  • Customer service was atrocious and verged on abuse
Show