Green Motion - Inefficiency and Extortion: Worst Car Rental Experience in 20 Years

351 of 376 Green Motion reviews

We reserved our Green Motion car online and didn't think to check reviews...sadly, because clearly our experience is their standard business practice.

It took 45 minutes AFTER getting to the desk to get the car we reserved because their system was all handwritten papers and file cabinets, like it was 1970 and not 2013.

Because of the frustration I wasn't careful on the checkout inspection and thought the car looked fine...but when we returned the assistant manager gave it the most FANATIC inspection I have EVER seen...including running his finger along the hubcap to feel for scratches! He found 'damage' in the form of a small scuff on the underside of the plastic bumper and took another 20 minutes to work through the process.

The estimate for the 'damage' is £447...check the attached picture and see the teeny white lines on the bottom of the bumper.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
351 of 376 Green Motion reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Mikel

Mar 21, 2014 #797287 London, England, United Kingdom

Thats looks like a pretty clear damage to me. you wouldn't give back your mates car with a scuff like that so why should a rental company tolerate it.

0 4 Reply
skip

Oct 08, 2013 #726778

We had the same experience. We rented at night after it took us an hour to get to Holiday Inn because they don't have a shuttle and you are on your own. I did not notice some scuff marks on the tire rim at night and they did during the day after their extreme inspection. And billed me 300 pounds-- any suggestions?

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.