Green Motion - Inefficiency and Extortion: Worst Car Rental Experience in 20 Years
We reserved our Green Motion car online and didn't think to check reviews...sadly, because clearly our experience is their standard business practice.
It took 45 minutes AFTER getting to the desk to get the car we reserved because their system was all handwritten papers and file cabinets, like it was 1970 and not 2013.
Because of the frustration I wasn't careful on the checkout inspection and thought the car looked fine...but when we returned the assistant manager gave it the most FANATIC inspection I have EVER seen...including running his finger along the hubcap to feel for scratches! He found 'damage' in the form of a small scuff on the underside of the plastic bumper and took another 20 minutes to work through the process.
The estimate for the 'damage' is £447...check the attached picture and see the teeny white lines on the bottom of the bumper.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."
- "I rented a car from Green Motion Edinburgh Airport in May. It had a 1.5mm stretch on the windshield and they changed me for GBP 96.00 for the "damage"...."
- " I write to get your advice on a car rental and subsequent deduction of charges which are on dispute On the 20th Of January we hired a vehicle from..."
- "I HIRED THS COMPANY TO SHI MY STUFF FROM LONDON TO PAKISTAN, WHEN IT REACHED ME FINALLY, THE SUITACASES WERE TORN AND MY STUFF STOLEN. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE GUY THERE..."
- "If you're job searching, Entry level jobs for "Direct Marketing" and "Outsourced Marketing" companies are scams. I got scammed into one - I worked for 12 hours a day, 6 days..."
- "We bought our Tillary tufted sofa (all the pieces/full set) Summer 2014 at West Elm's newly opened London store for almost £3000. It was initially delivered 2 months late, and..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."