Green Motion - I was scammed for non existent damage
rented a car over the Christmas / New Year period and used them as they were local and - as they were in the London Hilton - I assumed reputable.
They tried to sell additional insurance - called me 3 times after I had already declined it when I reserved the car on line. I picked up the car and the agent continued to try and sell additional cover.
The car itself was fine and looked in good condition (or so I thought) then I came to return it. "Go and wait by your car" barked the agent - when I tried to hand in the keys. I had enjoyed a totally incident free trip and I had returned the car a day early with more diesel than the car had when I picked it up (they don't give you a full tank which I also thought was a bit odd) so I did not expect any problems.
When the agent came over to my car, however, he said there was a dent! He then pointed out a miniscule pimple of an indentation in the passenger door - less than 1mm and with no paint scratch or anything that would suggest any type of contact I can't honestly say whether that indentation was there prior to renting or not - it was simply too miniscule to notice.
The agent said he was going to keep the deposit (they take 300 pounds from your credit card that they obviously have no intention of returning). When I told him that I would challenge this he said "We already have your money". Fortunately for some reason they had not been able to charge the 300 pounds in advance but they still went ahead and charged $243.25 to my credit card after I returned the car. I am challenging this charge with the credit card company.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Obvious customer rip off
- Reason of review:
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On 5/16/2014 we rented a minivan with Enterprise at the Honolulu airport (3255 AOLELE ST) location for our wedding weekend. Upon initial inspection and walk around of the Chrysler minivan,..."
- "I booked a car for 40 hours. Opel Corsa, with 155000 km. I picked it up at 23:00 on a dark parking. The car has a million of scratches and..."
- "Filthy, ants, roaches and the smell was horrible. We had to purchase cleaning products to wash every inch of the interior. Please to not rent from this company in Tampa.io;j.˚˜b..."
- "I had a 21 package business consignment shipped from abroad, paid with insurance cover by the express service. Several days later, 2 arrive late and one is lost. I reported this,..."
- "Hi all, this is the sweater hollister have decided to send me after my first ever online purchase from them. Never have this problem instore. Wont be using hollister for..."
- "Dear Sirs,Re: False advertising and poor and offensive customer service from Big Motoring World, London Road, Addington, Kent ME19 5SHI am writing to you in relation to the extremely poor..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."