Green Motion - I was scammed for non existent damage

234 of 376 Green Motion reviews

rented a car over the Christmas / New Year period and used them as they were local and - as they were in the London Hilton - I assumed reputable.

They tried to sell additional insurance - called me 3 times after I had already declined it when I reserved the car on line. I picked up the car and the agent continued to try and sell additional cover.

The car itself was fine and looked in good condition (or so I thought) then I came to return it. "Go and wait by your car" barked the agent - when I tried to hand in the keys. I had enjoyed a totally incident free trip and I had returned the car a day early with more diesel than the car had when I picked it up (they don't give you a full tank which I also thought was a bit odd) so I did not expect any problems.

When the agent came over to my car, however, he said there was a dent! He then pointed out a miniscule pimple of an indentation in the passenger door - less than 1mm and with no paint scratch or anything that would suggest any type of contact I can't honestly say whether that indentation was there prior to renting or not - it was simply too miniscule to notice.

The agent said he was going to keep the deposit (they take 300 pounds from your credit card that they obviously have no intention of returning). When I told him that I would challenge this he said "We already have your money". Fortunately for some reason they had not been able to charge the 300 pounds in advance but they still went ahead and charged $243.25 to my credit card after I returned the car. I am challenging this charge with the credit card company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Car Rental
Review category
Rentals
review #578926 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Green Motion? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
234 of 376 Green Motion reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Rauln

Mar 28, 2015 #964802

Same happened to me at Hilton Stansted, damage to wheel alloy 1 cm scratch they claim this was done by me . They charged £150 for a scratch .Don't trust these people. Take photos of parts incl wheels before renting for self protection

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.