Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Green Motion is running a scam in Reykjavik.Here is a copy of the letter I sent to them protesting.

They have never refunded my money. Dear Green Motion, I am requesting a refund of money I prepaid to you for a car rental in Reykjavik. I have requested this refund before but it was denied. Please reconsider.

I returned the car after one day when learning that Holiday Autos is running a scam to collect damage fees. I only had the car for one day. I have paid for that one day. You all have kept >$500 from me for that reservation.

This is not ethical. Below you will see a timeline for my reservation and the reason I returned the car. 05/06/17 I made a reservation for a car on line with Holiday Autos for a car to be picked up in Reykjavik, Iceland. Booking Ref: IS823466010 06/07/17 A friend of mine who was already in Iceland returned a car to Green Motion.

She had paid for $500 in coverage for damage. 06/08/17 I arrived in Reykjavik and picked up the car I had rented through Holiday Autos at Green Motion. 06/08/17 My friend received an email telling her that even though she had paid for insurance, there was damage to the car amounting to $1600US (and some change) and that she was charged $500 on her credit card, because she had paid for coverage beyond $500. This was highly shocking to her as there was no damage when the car was returned.

06/09/17 She and I went back to the car rental office to find out what the damage for the car was. At first they said the car had been rented out, which would have proved that they didn't spend ~$1600 fixing it. Then they said the car was on the lot. We saw the car.

The damage was less than a finger nail size scratch on the driver's door and does not even show up in a photograph. And the car wasn't fixed. It was ready to be rented out again. Plus they weren't paying money to get it fixed.

They lied. THEY WERE RUNNING A SCAM! After telling them that we were on to their scam they reversed the $500 on her credit card. THIS PROVES THEY WERE RUNNING A SCAM!

I then returned the car I had rented because I am not going to rent from scammers. I had the car for one day, for which I have already paid. 06/14/17 I protested to Holiday Autos about the scam but they said to me in an email that it was too bad that when I rented the car I had agreed to keep it for the duration. 07/02/17 I protested again and again they said too bad.

I have rented cars all over the world. I have rented many times with Sixt. There have been no problems. I am not the type of person who makes unwarranted complaints.

Why should I have to pay for a scam just because your contract said so? Am I supposed to be a victim of any scam because I made a contract before the fact with what I thought was a reputable company? I took the car back. I told them why.

I did not damage the car.Please refund the money that you have kept from me.

Review about: Green Motion Auto Claim.

Reason of review: rental scam.

I didn't like: Car rental scam.

Comments