Southern Peninsula, Iceland
2.0
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

We rented an old beat up Jeep Grand Cherokee at Keflavik Intl Airport on March 16, 2016 and returned it on March 29, 2016.When we returned it, the guy directly walked towards the hood and looked very carefully and said it had 3 scratches (see attached photo).

He then charged me 290,000ISK (US$2360). A week later they refunded US$1435. In the US, it could have been fixed for $100. The scratches might have been there even we picked the car up.

Luckily we had taken the Full Protection from rentalcars.com and they promptly refunded the US$925.Please be super careful and get all the insurance if you plan to rent a car from Green Motion in Iceland.

Review about: Green Motion Jeep Car Rental.

Reason of review: Cheating.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Unfair charges, Inflated charges for damage.

Had an Experience with Green Motion?

Comments

Lisa
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States #1152584

We just had the exact same experience with Green Motion.They are a total rip off.

Avoid them at all cost.Or if you rent from them, make sure you video the car before you remove it from the lot.