Picked up car at Edinburgh Airport 23rd March. Tank was completely empty (on vapour) and I was told to immediately go to the nearest garage to fill up. (incidentally, returned with 1/4 full tank).

Worse was to come when I returned the car a week later. Inspectors were all over it like a bad rash and 'discovered' a small scuff on the underside of the front scuttle - had to get down on hands and knees to see it. Then I had 277GBP deducted from my deposit.

Never in my life have I been scammed like this, the scuff was invisible whilst walking around the car and the charge completely disproportionate to the alleged damage I had incurred.

I will never go back and am currently telling everyone in my professional and social network about this experience.

Their business model is clear - up front attractive prices but sharp practice at the end of the rental. Total thieves. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Green Motion Car Rental.

Preferred solution: Wide communication of this experience to stop others being screwed..

• Unfair Damage Charge - Rental Car