1.1
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

We hired a car (Kia LJ18VLU) between 6th & 13th of April - ANYONE WHO MIGHT HAVE RENTED THE CAR PRIOR TO THIS DATE AND HAD FRONT NS WHEEL DAMAGE PLEASE ADVISE ME URGENTLY ! - At the time of hiring WE FOUND damage to the front NS Spoiler (please note they didn't point this damage to us at this time and it makes me wonder if we had missed this would they have identified it to us ?) but we didnt see the damage to the wheel. After all this was an 18 plate car that looked spanking new and only had 1072 miles on it. I drove this car for a week in and around St Andrews parking mainly in Hotel or Golf Club Car parks where there were no kerbs or potholes. When we went into St Andrews we parked at 90 degrees to the kerb, either front end in or reversed in) and at no time did we damage the front NS wheel.

The damage that was pointed out on return was clearly 2 incidents (so they are now saying I have had 2 issues with the ONE Wheel ?!) as there was a 'kerb' scrape on the Alloy (even though I never parallel parked the car) and a dent in the Alloy (directly opposite the scrape) which also had a rip in the sidewall of the tyre ! This clearly looked like a relatively old piece of damage and I suspect it had either hit a pot hole or been done when the front Spolier was damaged (coincidence ?). Also at the time of hiring the Rental Guy was very adamant that I knew where the Spare Wheel was which is something I have never been shown before when hiring a car so I wonder if he thought that I would have to use it when the front NS trye blew out from the historic damage ?

They have charged my credit card 391 UK but when I ask them for receipts for the tyre and wheel they say they dont have to sedn them to me !

All in all a bit of a scam situation going on there

If you rent Kia LJ18VLU make sure you note the damage to the Spoiler, Alloy and Tyre (VERY DANGEROUS !)

I have pics of damage if needed

Cheers

Review about: Green Motion Kia Car Rental.

I didn't like: Being robbed, Way they steal money from people, Worst ever customer service.

Comments