2.0
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I booked a car rental in Poland through Ryan Air at 75 for five days.On arrival in Krakow I collected the car from Green Motion and was told I needed to pay a 600 deposit or pay additional insurance of 15 a day along with a 200 deposit.

As the added daily insurance rate was more than the car hire daily rate I decided to leave it. I returned the car in what I thought was a tip-top condition, but I was told there was a small scratch on the back bumper. It seemed minuscule to me and I would never have noticed such a small scratch when I took the car. I asked the Polish customer services operator to please be reasonable, especially since I had brought the car back 12 hours early.

You can imagine how shocked I was to receive a Damage Notification via email a few days later informing me that the car had a scratch on the rear bumper and a scratch on right rear hub cap, with photographs and informing me that self-risk would be applied automatically. You will see from the photograph that the so-called scratches are hard to find. I replied that I was shocked but as these were minor scratches I was sure they could be easily fixed at minimal cost and asked for a quotation for repair. Green Motion replied with an invoice, telling me that I was responsible for damages amounting to the 364.41 which was taken off my card without my consent.

I am unhappy by the way I have been treated by Green Motion and am asking them to reassess the situation. To be reasonable, I am not disputing a new hub cap which is a small cost but I am disputing the bumper repair and I think it is in very poor taste that this company adds insult to injury by charging an administration fee. That should be waived in any case. Since I returned to the UK I've seen many negative reports about Green Motion and read hundreds of customer complaints that are similar to mine.

Some people have even accused Green Motion of being part of a scam and paying their staff incentives to get the most out of each rental. It seems they make more money out of making claims against drivers than out of the rentals and therefore are not interested in repeat business.

It seems this company has a history of taking advantage of customers and for this reason, I am not prepared to just leave this situation.Somebody has to call car rental companies such as this to account so that unscrupulous actions like this stop.

Review about: Green Motion Toyota Car Rental.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Price, Gps, Polite, Helpful and polite customer service.

I didn't like: Poor excuses to rippff your credit card, Pricing scam, Being ripped off.

Had an Experience with Green Motion?

Comments