1.3
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Update by user Dec 15, 2016

Booked car from Green Motion through rentalcars.com.Went to collect car only to be told that debit visa not accepted.

The vehicle had been paid for and excess insurance taken out through rentalcars.com website on debit Visa card. Green Motion feuded the car to be taken. Then said they would accept the debit Visa of excess insurance of £148 was taken out with them! Had to pay it to get car.

Total rip off! Rude staff. Disgusting service. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!

First rental with them will be great. They get you on second rental. We hired car from them 3 weeks ago (first time) they accepted debit Visa then, no problem.

Complaint being dealt with well by rentalcars.com.Also with lawyers due to my husband's health problems being aggravated by this stress.

Original review posted by user Dec 13, 2016

My partner hired a car from this outfit through car rentals.com.Paid for the hire and excess insurance online.

When he arrived at Green Motion after a long flight, he produced his debit Visa card only to be told they don't accept debit visas. He said it was already paid for and produced all the documentation. They said the only way they could accept the card and acknowledge his rental was if he paid excess insurance again with them!!! Me, I would of refused to leave the office until the police were called, but my partner was tired and has heart problems and high blood pressure and didn't want the aggravation as he was very tired, so paid up.

Green Motion, expect to hear from our solicitors, be sued, and every website possible will be getting a terrible review!!I'm sure, you will lose plenty more customers in the future, and hopefully go bust.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. JustSaying22 stated that there is a room for improvement of poor excuses to rippff your credit card and unfair theatment. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of green motion car rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $300. Green Motion needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned green motion car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Green Motion.

Had an Experience with Green Motion?

Comments

Bathgate, West Lothian, United Kingdom #1254916

This exact same problem happened to me!I had to pay £73 extra for using a debit card.

I want to take this further to complain but I am unsure where to take this?

After I questioned them and asked how often this happens they said 'up to once or twice a day'!!

It is very unfair and a scam.I wont use them again.

JustSaying22
to Anonymous #1254930

My partner is taking the car back to them tomorrow and is going to demand his money back for excess insurance. I will let you know what happens. We won't be using them again, that's for sure!

to JustSaying22 Bathgate, West Lothian, United Kingdom #1256381

I have just put in a complaint to financial ombudsman -I recommend you do the same! Hopefully they will stop with these ridiculous excess charges

JustSaying22
to Anonymous #1256411

Thank you we will do.Also rentalcars.com are dealing with our complaint too as it was booked through their website.

Having read other complaints, it seems an ongoing problem that people are charged for damage that is either excessive or charged to their Visa cards after vehicle returned.

My guess is, if you have a debit Visa they can only access what you have in the bank.If you have a credit Visa they can take thousands!