Via Bruschetti, 22, 40132 Bologna, Italy
2.5
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

BEWARE OF EXCESS REDUCTION DEPOSIT COSTS AND REFUND TIME!We just want to make other customers of GREEN MOTION CAR RENTAL aware of a BIG flaw with their Excess costs so other people don't have the same problems we have experienced.

We hired a car from the GREEN MOTION CAR RENTAL in Milan Italy, when we arrived the vehicle was not on site so we had to wait a short while for it to be delivered. Not a real problem as we were luckily not in a rush and the person who we were dealing with was helpful and pleasant enough. When we filled out the paperwork for the rental, I was made aware that with the rental there would be no coverage on any of the glass or side mirrors if they were damaged while we had the vehicle and also an excess fee of several hundred Euros. Nothing really that unusual when you hire a vehicle.

The problem was that I was told that when I booked the vehicle (through a third party rental booking company) I would have no extra costs when I picked the vehicle up and also have a zero excess fee with the quote I received. When I queried excess the costs I was told that if I wanted to reduce the excess costs to zero I would have to leave a 2000 EURO deposit which would come off my credit card. In the situation we were in we had no choice but to take the extra excess costs or face having to pay if there were damage to the vehicle when we returned it. No real problem but 2000 EUROS off your credit card is something that you would like returned when (or soon after) you return the vehicle.

It has been almost ONE MONTH since we returned the vehicle and we are STILL waiting for our deposit refund!! I was told when I returned the vehicle that it should take about 10 working days to receive my refund of 2000 EUROS. I have contacted the Rental Car booking agency and GREEN MOTION CAR RENTAL to ask where my deposit is and when I can expect to receive my refund. They replied that it should take 3 to 4 weeks....

Much different to the 10 days I was originally told. GREEN MOTION CAR RENTAL also told me that the deposit refund had been made the day after I returned the vehicle and to contact my Bank to see where the funds are. So I did and my bank had no idea where the funds are and told me I need to contact GREEN MOTION CAR RENTAL again to ask them where the deposit is. I contacted them again this time with no reply.

So I am in a position where I have had to open a Credit Card dispute with GREEN MOTION CAR RENTAL. This is not acceptable and poor customer service!!! They are happy to take your deposit but it seems you have to fight to have it returned. The deposit amount is also WAY TOO MUCH to take such a long time to be refunded.

So, any other customers out there who are planning to use GREEN MOTION CAR RENTAL I hope that you have done your research before you decide to use them and are aware of this problem that I have had (and continue to have) with them.It's just unfortunate that my bank is now in the process of trying to recover my deposit rather than it being returned to me in an acceptable amount of time without the proper communication by GREEN MOTION CAR RENTAL.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $2000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Green Motion. The most disappointing about green motion volkswagen car rental from Green Motion was excess they charged and time taken to receive excess depsit , but reviewer liked good customer service. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Green Motion.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare Green Motion to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Green Motion?

Comments