1.8
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I rented a car from Orlando to drive to Jax Beach. I was not aware the company was not located at the airport.

I had to wait 1/2 hour to be shuttled to their location about 15 minutes away from the airport. The wait at their store front was 30-45 minute and that was VERY quick. They are extremely understaffed. I was 2nd in line!

I received the car at night it was very dark,the first car was turned away because I have no idea what someone did in the back seat but it was very dirty/stained. When the next car came out it had a dent but the gentleman noted it. I left feeling a little annoyed at the lack of professionalism and the understaffed company I just left. 1 hour in to my trip to see my 1st grandchild (1 month old) The dashboard lights came on check tire, check engine, check oil when I was 1/2 hour from my destination which was 2 hours from the rental company storefront.

Since I got in at 11:30pm I waited until the next day to call and let them know they rented me a defective car. The guy on the phone said they would send me another car and take this one back. That sounded like a fair resolution although it was unnerving being alone in a strange state not knowing if the car I was driving was going to make the rest of the trip. I'm strong I can do this, just a minor inconvenience at this point I think.

The next day I waited all day. No car. I called at 11:00pm to see if they were still coming. The woman said she didn't have any record of me even calling but she would get to the bottom of it and call me back the following day.

I waited another day and called back. The man on the phone said he was the manager and the prior 2 people didn't know what they were talking about when they said they would send a car, I hadn't purchased the additional roadside assistance for my trip so I would need to have the car towed back at my expense or if I left the car at my destination and didn't return it they would charge me the towing to get the car and I would be charged with theft! WHAT? They rent me a defective car and its my problem because I didn't purchase the added insurance?

I tried to call the owner of the company Andrew Girges (who turned out NOT to be the owner of the company) he is just a incompetent manager who only has a email no telephone number and didn't return my email until the day the car was due back. By that time I took time out of my vacation to go to a mechanic, have the car checked to make sure it could travel the 2 1/2 hours, the mechanic said I should be OK. Since there was no guarantee to be on the safe side I had my daughter follow me in her car which she had to drive 5 hours due to their defective car. I emailed him back and forth he just played dumb and said you didn't return the car it must have been OK.

I drove the car to Jax Beach and it stayed parked in my daughters driveway until I drove it back to the place, spoke to a lot of people (about 4-5) waiting for the shuttle and not one person had a nice experience with this company!

I've never written a review on anything however, I feel so strongly that I don't want this to happen to another widow travelling far from home and being treated so poorly. BEWARE YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Review about: Green Motion Car Rental.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Michael ramirez, Shuttle driver was the saving grace.

I didn't like: Christian hernandez, Andrew girges, False charges, Car was damaged missing part half full tank error light on dash.

Comments