Additional Fees

Bristol Airport April 2019.

Booked an amazingly cheap 12 day rental for £105 through Rentalcars.com. Yes, suspiciously cheap, but used them before (2015) from Gatwick and all was good on that occasion. They are off-airport so you have to get their shuttle bus which puts one at a disadvantage because they expect most people will submit to their scams because its too much trouble to go back to the airport.

When I got to the counter I was told they don't accept debit cards, only credit cards. This was news to me - I have rented cars all over the world - Europe, N&S America, Africa, Asia, and Australasia - and always used a debit card. They said "most companies don't accept debit cards anymore" which is a lie.

Using this excuse they try to extract an extra £10-20+ per day to reduce the excess. I was angry but, being tired, I caved-in but said I would give them a bad review. With that the sour-faced woman gave me back my documents and told me to leave the premises. So I had to go back to the airport and book from another company. Luckily it was only mid-afternoon so I had time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Green Motion Car Rental Insurance.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Being scammed, Unscrupulous dodgy dealings.

Comments