2.1
Additional Fees
Additional Services

I went to collect my car on Saturday 16th September (arrived at c. 10:45 to the Green Motion Car Rental station).

Upon arrival, the staff at Green Motion were extremely abrupt and quite rude in terms of their customer service - I as the lead driver did not have my passport - but I did have my driving license, my National Insurance Card, a photograph of my passport and several utilities bills with me. I was told that this was not acceptable and they needed to scan my passport. The confirmation email from Ryanair did not mention the need for the passport at all. However I do accept that the actual printed car hire voucher did state that passport or national ID was required as a mandatory document.

I asked if we could change the lead driver to my friend who was the second driver and was told that this change could only be done through Ryanair as the originator of the booking, but the Green Motion staff were extremely unhelpful in helping me change this over. I asked if I could pay a fee to change the lead driver name and was told I could not. I rang Ryanair to get this changed over (I was happy to pay a fee for this) and after 19 minutes on hold to Ryanair at a premium rate number (0870), the phone was answered and then hung up. At this stage we asked Green Motion if we could take out a new policy/car hire in the other drivers name and I was told that there were no available cars (despite my original car being available).

We were stranded there for 50-60 minutes and eventually rang a rival car company who were able to collect us and provide us with a car within 30 minutes. We had to pay £80 for this new vehicle. The service received by Green Motion was appalling. More importantly, it is worth me pointing out that every single customer that came into the Green Motion car hire shop within the 60 minutes that I was there – was subjected to the same level of awful service.

There were 3-4 other parties that returned to the airport with me to get a different hire car. There were lots of people standing outside disputing issues, lots of people being told that they wouldn’t be able to go ahead with their car rental etc.

Throughout all of this, the main problems were; the general tone and service of the staff (rude, short, no smiles, not courteous at all) and also, their general lack of willingness to help customers out. Instead of trying to fix the problems or help resolve issues, it seemed like their sole goal was to turn business away.

Product or Service Mentioned: Green Motion Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service, Unprofessional staff.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 18, 2017.

Comments