Green Motion - A damage claim from the Greenmotion company that didn't occur while we got the car
I would like to raise a complaint regarding a damage claim from the Greenmotion company that didn't occur while we got the car and also due to the rude treatment we have experienced from one of the company´s staff.
On Saturday 15th of March 2014, my partner hired a car from the Greenmotion car rental company, our booking reference was CTR-134098-163608 and we collected it at their installations based in Holiday Inn M4J4 on Sipson Road, close to London-Airport Heathrow.
The car model we received is a Honda Jazz with 5 doors and the registration number is GN63XNO with 8117 miles on the clock.
The staff gave us a car in poorly conditions, there were over 18 minor dents and slight scratches all over the car that were not identified by the staff (her name is NICO) and I reported them in the "Car vehicle condition report" form feeling intimidated by the employee who was reluctant to take notes of my observations.
When we drop-off the car on Wednesday 19th of March 2014 to the branch office, another member of the staff made an inspection and apparently he found 2 scratches, so I asked him to show me the scratches and he couldn´t find them but he reported them in the "Car vehicle condition report" form, and then with a very intimidating voice he told us that he was charging us for the damages. I feel that this is a scam, due to he couldn´t show us the evidence, so I asked to speak with the branch manager or with someone in spanish. The man refused to attend my petition and there was another member of the staff who couldn´t speak spanish but was trying to help us in portuguese language.
The portuguese man was very helpful and we asked him to make a second inspection but the other man was looking at him very theathreting and the portuguese man explained us that he could see our point but unfortunatelly he couldn´t do anything about the issue. Perhaps he was afraid of losing his job due to the other man´s theathreting looking, so he provided us with the customer service email address. Furthermore, we were charged 750GBP to my partner account for damages that don´t exist.
My partner went out of the office and took pictures of the car and also to the "imaginary" scratches, I have attached the pictures to an e-mail for Greenmotion observation. The men who did the inspection followed my partner and took the original "car vehicle condition report" form with him and very threatening draw in the form a chip in the windscreen of the car intimidating my partner (who doesn´t speak english) by taking pictures to the car. I ran out of the office and told him that we were not signing the "car vehicle condition report form" and he asked someone else to take the car away.
I also asked him to mark in the form that we delivered it with a full tank of petrol but he refused to write it down. We have attached a copy of our petrol receipt as well.
We are not accepting the charges of damages that never occurred. As I said before, the staff gave us a car with more that 18 dents and scratches that they didn´t took notice at all, which makes me wonder what exactly do they do with the damage claims they charge to the customers? if the cars are in poorly conditions.
I have attached the pictures of the car so you can see by yourself that the car was drop off in good conditions and also whether you can see the scratches that the staff couldn´t show us.
We have sent a letter to the Head Office and attached all the evidence. We are waiting for their reply.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Damage Claim
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I rented a car and did a cursory check of the vehicle (Honda CRV, 2015 UK plates...just in case it's used again to rip someone else off). As it was..."
- "Further to our unsatisfactory experience reviewed on August 12th, we were forced to deliver the RV to the CA "New York City" depot, which is actually in Roslyn, Long Island...."
- "Rented a car out for two weeks over the Easter break, Charged £194.40 on return of vehicle and felt cheated by passing a fault that may have existed before collection...."
- "Hello there this is been the worst experience of my life well not quite but it has been a terrible one. I ordered a dress from tbdress and it was..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."