Green Motion - £194 for a barely perceptible scuff

215 of 376 Green Motion reviews

I rented a car and did a cursory check of the vehicle (Honda CRV, 2015 UK plates...just in case it's used again to rip someone else off).As it was almost brand new (and they emphasised this), I just did a cursory check with the agent, and we agreed there was no visible marks.

I returned the vehicle a few hours later after 100 miles (and no incidents), and another agent found an almost imperceptible mark on the rear bumper (see 'after' photo), almost immediately.

Long story short, they denied completely that the scuff was probably there when I picked the car up, and that I had been in a car crash.I was forced to pay £194, and they would not give me a receipt for the money.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Honda Crv
Review category
Rentals
review #628172

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Green Motion? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
215 of 376 Green Motion reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Mike_mn

Feb 26 #1118206

Since they refused to give you a receipt, they pocketed the cash. Scam.

May 05, 2015 #980080

I was too a victim. Here's my advice:
Write letter to your credit card company requesting a chargeback and say you were not given chance to get quotes for the damage and also state you were put in a worse financial situation due to this charge.Persist with this.
I received a refund from bank a few months later. Persist. And spread the message about this dishonest company.

Apr 29, 2015 #978079

The exact same thing has happened to me today with this company...I am raging....

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.